1.05.2010

Little Lessons for the New Year!

I have to admit my favorite part of the day happens very early on. Sometimes I am awake, sometimes I am woken up. Sometimes I am still laying in bed, sometimes I am up and dressed and ready to start my day. Either way, it is always my favorite part of the day when I hear my baby girl laughing and playing in her crib. She tells me in her baby talk that she is ready to face the day. Why is that my favorite part of the day? I know it means that my quiet time to myself is over for at least another four or five hours, and I know that I can't go back to sleep even if I wanted to, but when I open the door to her room and see that huge smile on her face, even if I don't want to smile, how can I not? Her attitude every morning puts a gigantic smile even on my face! She kicks her legs with excitement as I reach over and pull her out of her crib, and as soon as her baby feet touch the floor she is off with an incredible amount of energy that never ceases to amaze me. She inspires me to be an optimist even when I want to be a pessimist.
As a new year starts (2010), I am making my own resolution based on my daughter's attitude to a new day. Yes, she is only 11 months old, and she hasn't lived and experienced some of the horrible things that happen in life. She doesn't have to clean the house, cook dinner, do loads and loads of laundry, or try to be a wife that her husband is proud to have by his side. She simply knows to wake up and smile at the day, because she doesn't know yet what it's going to bring, but she is excited to be awake! I know that my day will probably consist of the same thing it did the day before, cleaning, changing diapers, feeding people, etc. But I don't know; maybe if I would just wake up and smile at the day, I will be a lot more excited about doing even the mundane things that life has to offer. It's amazing the lessons such a little person can teach. I hope we all take lessons from even the smallest of people and everyone have a Happy New Year! Welcome 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment